Anonymous said: hi, i'm sorry if this has been asked but in your powerpoint you said that the tumblr sj community is guilty of antisemitism. what kind of things has it done? also, i love your blog!
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
"The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe."
the amount with which this point in particular resonates with me is unreal
3D printed manible
Credit: Colin Druce-McFadden/DVICE
at first i thought it was one of those sticky slugs and i was super excited … then i thought it was gummi and i was even more excited
…a 3D printed mandible is still pretty exciting though, but after that emotional rollercoaster i’m somehow a little bit disappointed even so.
I WANT PURPLE TEEF
Anonymous said: If you decide to eat raw meat (sushi, carne apache, etc.) and get tapeworms, it is on you. It is now your responsibility to make sure this life is nurtured. Don't you DARE go to a doctor get rid of it. It depends on you to keep it safe. It is the result of a choice you made; deal with the consequences. It doesn't matter if the tapeworms can and/or will harm you physically or cause you problems in everyday life, it's not just your body anymore. You have no right to kill an innocent being.
this fucking mentality that you can’t be best friends with your significant other, that romance ruins a friendship, that BOTH FRIENDSHIP AND ROMANCE CANNOT OCCUR SIMULTANEOUSLY kills me like
that’s such a horrible, horrible and unhealthy mentality to have
On this week’s episode of “Richard Dawkins is a Total Piece of Shit” New Atheism’s Pat Robertson suggests that mothers pregnant with children with Down Syndrome should abort.
What’s shocking to me about this whole thing (which is still ongoing on his Twitter account) is not his suggestion for a mother to abort a fetus, I expected that from him. I’m shocked by the logical conclusion of his line of thought, which is that society should take measures to decrease the population of individuals with Down Syndrome.
His language caught me off guard also. He uses the word “immoral” to describe willingly bringing a child with Down Syndrome into the world. How does he rationalize a statement like that?
“On this week’s episode of “Richard Dawkins is a Total Piece of Shit” New Atheism’s Pat Robertson suggests that mothers pregnant with children with Down Syndrome should abort.”
The fucking beacon of morality that is Dick Dawkins. Our douchebag of perpetual foot-in-mouth. Patron Saint of Fedora tippers and New r/atheists.
(Source: a-te-n-a, via justbreatheitllbeokay)
"I’m not getting in that thing Mulder."
(Source: runninginheels90, via semihardfemme)
(Source: runninginheels90, via semihardfemme)
i’m thinking about fox mulder watching “ancient aliens” and going “that’s racist bullshit” and it feels good